“צַו אֶת-אַהֲרֹן וְאֶת-בָּנָיו לֵאמֹר, זֹאת תּוֹרַת הָעֹלָה: הִוא הָעֹלָה עַל מוֹקְדָה עַל-הַמִּזְבֵּחַ כָּל-הַלַּיְלָה, עַד-הַבֹּקֶר, וְאֵשׁ הַמִּזְבֵּחַ, תּוּקַד בּוֹ”
“”Command Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the law for the burnt offering: the burnt offering itself shall remain on the hearth on the altar all night until the morning, and the fire on the altar is to be kept burning on it.”
The Zohar explains that the night is under the control of the other side. When we burn the offering on the Altar all night then the other side doesn’t have the power and control over us.
The other side has control over the material level and when we burn it we release the spiritual and holy part in it.
The desire for the self alone is the aspect of darkness/night and is controlled by the other side on the material level. When we include the light in our desires, meaning giving it positive and sharing aspect, it is like placing it on the altar. We let the light burn the aspect of ‘self’ from our desires and purify our consciousness and our actions. Then the true and positive essence of our desire is revealed and elevated to where it can draw the Light required for fulfilling our desires.
Previous important Zohar studies on Tzav
- Daily Zohar # 1456 – Tzav – Blood
- Daily Zohar # 1457 – Tzav – Idol Worshiping 1
- Daily Zohar # 1458 – Tzav – Idol Worshiping 2, Body and Soul
- Daily Zohar # 1459 – Tzav – Idol Worshiping 3 – The path to life
- Daily Zohar # 1460 – Tzav – Idol Worshiping 4 – The True Sustenance
- Daily Zohar # 1461 – Tzav – Idol Worshiping 5 – You shall not forget