Previous studies on Zohar Shemini
- Daily Zohar # 1467 – Shemini – A donkey with a history
- Daily Zohar # 1466 – Shemini – The True Zionism
- Daily Zohar # 1465 – Shemini – The Blessings from Zion
- Daily Zohar # 1464 – Shemini – Nadav and Avihu 2 – Working for the future
- Daily Zohar # 1463 – Shemini – Nadav and Avihu 1 (intro to Immortality)
- Daily Zohar # 1462 – Shemini
This study continues from DZ 1467 (link above)
“וְהוּא יַשְׁקִט, וּמִי יַרְשִׁעַ– וְיַסְתֵּר פָּנִים, וּמִי יְשׁוּרֶנּוּ;
וְעַל-גּוֹי וְעַל-אָדָם יָחַד.”
“And He makes peace, who then can condemn? And when He hides His face, who then can behold Him, That is, in regard to both nation and man?”
The Zohar quotes the verse and asks “When God gives peace and tranquility to a person, who has permission to cause harm? When God turns His face away from a person, who what over him and gives him protection?”
When a person acts positively in the lower level, the Chassadim (Right) of God is awakened and provides protection for that person. The Left is weakened and loses control.
The Zohar reveals that when we don’t follow the ways of the Torah, it is seen on our faces by the left side and they can harm us. And when people act negatively and raise judgments, the left side is awakened with strength and sends its messengers to those who have their negativity showing on their faces.
Torah study is beyond all other positive actions because it reveals light in the world, from which many people benefit. When we study the Torah using the Zohar, it helps us to cleanse our vessels. This is reflected on our faces and it gives us the ‘Right’ look that draws Chassadim and protection.