Daily Zohar # 2507 – Ekev – The blessings for continuous sustenance
After the destruction of the Holy Temple, the Shechina was said to be alone.
“אֵיכָה יָשְׁבָה בָדָד, הָעִיר רַבָּתִי עָם–הָיְתָה, כְּאַלְמָנָה; רַבָּתִי בַגּוֹיִם, שָׂרָתִי בַּמְּדִינוֹת–הָיְתָה, לָמַס. ”
“How lonely sits the city That was full of people! She has become like a widow Who was once great among the nations! She who was a princess among the provinces Has become a forced laborer!”
Because of our sins, we allowed the negative side to come in and destroy the Holy Temple. For that reason, on the day of destruction, the ninth of Av, we turn off the lights and sit on the ground like mourners to join the pain and sorrow of the Shechina that is now without her husband, the King.
5. The fifth thing to do with the meal is a Kiddush. See detailed explanation here:DZ 1292
6. Study Torah during the meal as explained in previous studies.
7. Be open to accept poor people to join the meal. If you have no poor guest to share the meal, give Tzedaka before the meal of on Friday before Shabbat. It’s good for the woman to have a Tzedakah box (any type) to place some money (coins, bills) preferably by all members of the family.
8. Washing the hands.
Explanation in the next DZ
9. Birkat Hamazon, Blessings after the meal. It includes four blessings. The first established by Moses when the Manna came down from heaven. The second by Joshua, the third by King David and King Solomon, The fourth one was added by the sages. There is a lot to learn about the Birkat Hamazon.The most important to know that when we do it proper we enjoy blessings of continuous flow of sustenance
10. Cup of wine during Birkat Hamazon. Using a cup of wine during the blessings is optional when there are at least three people joined the meal together. Not by individuals. They may drink wine after the blessing but not during the blessings. The wine elevate the blessings to a higher level and it adds another blessing after the end of the Birkat Hamazon.
This is spiritual technology of the highest level and I strongly recommend to continue ask questions and study it further. You can find online many versions of this blessings and it can be done from a translated version but the best is achieved from the all Hebrew version.
The blessings on Chabad.org
General description on Wikipedia, also available in several languages
Please share your own related links.