Daily Zohar # 3585 – Ki Tisa – How to embrace the body
102. וְלָכֵן, בָּנַי אֲהוּבַי, כֵּיוָן שֶׁרָצוּ אֱלֹהִים, וּבַצַּד שֶׁל אֱלֹהִים נִבְנָה הַמַּעֲשֶׂה, הָאֱלֹהִים הַקָּדוֹשׁ, הָאֵם, שֶׁאוֹחֶזֶת תָּמִיד בִּזְרוֹעַ הַמֶּלֶךְ וּמַעֲלָה אֶת הָרְצוּעָה, לֹא הָיְתָה שָׁם, וְהִצְטָרֵךְ מֹשֶׁה לִהְיוֹת שָׁם בִּמְקוֹמָהּ. כֵּיוָן שֶׁרָמַז לוֹ הַקָּדוֹשׁ בָּרוּךְ הוּא, הִסְתַּכֵּל.
103. שָׁלֹשׁ פְּעָמִים רָמַז לוֹ, אֵי מֹשֶׁה הָרוֹעֶה הַנֶּאֱמָן, כַּמָּה חָזָק כֹּחֲךָ, כַּמָּה גְּבוּרָתְךָ גְּדוֹלָה. שָׁלֹשׁ פְּעָמִים רָמַז לוֹ, שֶׁכָּתוּב וְעַתָּה הַנִּיחָה לִּי – הֲרֵי אֶחָד. וְיִחַר אַפִּי בָהֶם וַאֲכַלֵּם – הֲרֵי שְׁתַּיִם. וְאֶעֱשֶׂה אוֹתְךָ לְגוֹי גָּדוֹל – הֲרֵי שָׁלֹשׁ. חָכְמָתוֹ שֶׁל מֹשֶׁה בִּשְׁלֹשֶׁת הָרְמָזִים הַלָּלוּ. אָחַז בִּזְרוֹעַ יְמִינוֹ – כְּנֶגֶד הַנִּיחָה לִּי. אָחַז בִּזְרוֹעַ שְׂמֹאלוֹ – כְּנֶגֶד וְיִחַר אַפִּי בָהֶם וַאֲכַלֵּם. הִתְחַבֵּק בְּגוּף הַמֶּלֶךְ – כְּנֶגֶד וְאֶעֱשֶׂה אוֹתְךָ לְגוֹי גָּדוֹל. וּכְשֶׁהִתְחַבֵּק בַּגּוּף, וּשְׁתֵּי זְרוֹעוֹת מִצַּד זֶה וּמִצַּד זֶה, לֹא יָכוֹל לְהִתְנַעְנֵעַ לְצַד בָּעוֹלָם. זוֹ הָיְתָה חָכְמָתוֹ שֶׁל מֹשֶׁה, (שֶׁבְּדִבְרֵי) שֶׁמִּינֵי רְמָזִים שֶׁל הַמֶּלֶךְ הִכִּיר בְּכָל אֶחָד מֵהֶם מֵאֵיזֶה מָקוֹם יַחֲזִיק, וּבְחָכְמָה הוּא עָשָׂה.
Zohar Ki Tisa
The first garment that the other side could use was the form of an Ox. Jeroboam used calves because the initial process should start in a smaller state that is a calf.
Rabbi Shimon replies to his son saying that the Erev Rav wanted to draw the holy name ‘אֱלֹהִים’ ELHYM, that is the aspect of the Mother, Left. Malchut that needed to connect to the King to remove judgments was not there, and Moses was needed to be there for Malchut to stop the judgment caused by the sin.
The Holy One Blessed be He gave Moses hints on how to stop the judgment.
“וְעַתָּה הַנִּיחָה לִּי וְיִחַר אַפִּי בָהֶם וַאֲכַלֵּם וְאֶעֱשֶׂה אוֹתְךָ לְגוֹי גָּדוֹל”
“Now, therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them. And I will make of you a great nation.”
The above verse reveals the three hints Hashem gave Moses to stop the judgment arises from the sin.
- “Now, therefore, let Me alone” – this connects to Right ‘arm’, Chessed. Moses held this arm first.
- “My wrath may burn hot against them” – This connects to the Left, Gevurah. Moses held the Left ‘arm’ of Hashem.
- “And I will make of you a great nation” – This connects to the body, Center, Tiferet.
When Moses ‘embraced’ the ‘body’ with the two ‘arms’, the judgment couldn’t move to hurt the world.
Drawing from the Left that is Gevurah without chassadim brings darkness and judgments.
While Moses was on Mount Sinai receiving the Torah, Hashem saw the people making the Golden Calf, drawing darkness to the world. Before Hashem sent Moses down to the people, he gave him hints on how to stop the judgment from destroying the people. Moses took the hints as explained above and stopped the judgment from above to reach the people.
Later Moses came down and made a correction that was focused on the people that caused the spiritual corruption, not all the people.
Another lesson from this study is that Hashem let the Tzadikim of the generation know when judgments rise in the world. They usually warn the people to repent and hold the judgment in its place. When the world doesn’t follow or cannot correct the cause of the judgments, Hashem takes the Tzadikim so the light they revealed in their lives stays behind to make a correction. But this correction is temporary. It just gives us time to correct our ways. Sometimes several Tzadikim die at the same time to avoid greater judgments. Recently three great tzadikim died in Israel on the same day. We can’t see what types of judgments were avoided but we can definitely see this as a sign that there is an urgency to reveal more Light. We should embrace the center using the Right and Left (I am not referring to the political right or left because there are dark elements that are attached to politics and politicians that we SHOULD NOT EMBRACE!).
Our connections to the Right are made with all types of actions that reveal Light through positive deeds. Our Left is the selfishness that drives us to darkness and separation from the Light. By using the Right we conquer the Left and are able to embrace the center, stopping judgments from reaching us and the world around us.